Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Thanks for the Memories

It's Valentine's Day! Branden and I are going to be headed off soon so I should make this short. I wanted to share another bundle of Valentine's Day memories that are blessed to exist in my mind because of my dad. Every year for a long, long time, he cooks a special Valentine's Day dinner for his girls. This includes my mom, my sis, myself, and my Granny (mom's mom) since she has been widowed for over 20 years. Dad goes all out to spoil us and typical dinners include lobster, steak, his specially bbq salmon, king prawns, a big tossed green salad, garlic bread, and then something absolutely decadent for dessert. He dresses the table to look all nice and makes sure that we don't lift a finger. My sis and I won't be there for this year's feast but Dad will do it anyway because he still loves to spoil his girls and mom and Granny are well worth spoiling.

Happy Valentine's Day Dad! Thank you for all of the wonderful memories and I can't wait for when I get to enjoy another one of your feasts some day!

Another thing that I wanted to note is that I will be officially launching my new blog "With a Meek Heart" on Thursday (so just 2 days away!!!). I'm very excited and can't wait to get it started because so much has been happening and I've been learning so much!

Happy Valentine's Day and mark your calendars for Thursday!

12 comments:

  1. Oh wow! That is such a sweet thing for him to do. What an awesome tradition. :) Hope you and Branden have a great Valentines Day together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You had me at prawns! Yum! Your dad sounds like a real treasure! Looking forward to your new blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!! Thanks for sharing such a lovely tradition!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you two lovebirds have a great VD my young friend. See you at your new place.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Dad sounds like a true gentleman. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's nice what your Dad does Maggie. He must be a great guy! - Dave.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dad's are amazing aren't they? Well most dad's. I'm glad you have a great dad like I do sunshine.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooooh, excited to see the new blog! Btw...I gave you a new award yesterday. Happy late Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's sweet. And I'll be back tomorrow for the new blog link.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Valentine's day to you and your Dad the the girls in your home.
    I would like that BBQ Salmon recipe. It will be for my valentine ( my hubby) who needs to eat more fish and less junk food.
    Thanks in advance.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dont forget the roses he would send you guys at school!!

    ReplyDelete

Does this straitjacket make my butt look big?