Monday, December 19, 2011

6 days to go folks!

Less than a week until Christmas!!! That means my nephews probably won't get their toys in time because we are finally getting in to the post office today...oops! Bad Auntie Moo and Uncle B!


Hunter wanted some more needle felted dinosaurs to go with the two that I made for his birthday. I had a bit of fun making them and I think he'll really like them too.


The yellow one is my attempt at a brachiosaurus and the blue one is my attempt at a triceratops. Here's another angle of them.


For Brady, I made him a stuffed penguin that he can chuck at his brother, bite its head, or stomp on it if he wanted to.



I just hope he doesn't pull the tail off as soon as he gets it. The red blotch by his tail is a heart. I had to put some mushy Auntie thing on it.

Oh and as for the gloves I made out of an old sweater, which I also made the penguin out of the same old sweater, here's a shot of those.


Branden had to tie the bows because I suck at bows. Anyhoo, I hope you all have a fantastic week leading up to Christmas and my shared music today isn't the normal music type thing. It's actually a really cute video I saw on a friend's facebook page but it does have a cutsie song at the end so I'll call that close enough. This is a video of the Christmas Story told by some adorable Australian kids. I couldn't get over how sweet they were, how cute the sheep were, and how miserable the poor donkey must have been! I hope you enjoy it! We got a bit of a laugh out of it!

15 comments:

  1. Is that Arctic CPR on that snowman?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want a penguin. Seriously. How freaking adorable!

    The video. Super cute. It made me smile like this ---> :D My favorite was the tiniest of the 3 kings and the little star! That poor mary! Baby jesus was half her size!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was so cute. I posted it on my fb page! I wish I had your talent with creating things. lol I would never have figure that stuff out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Joshua, no. Branden didn't have a breathing barrier...you never know what could be in that snow. He was just checking his 'neck' pulse ;)

    Alicia, needle felting is not that difficult to do! My mom-in-law just send me all the stuff, I looked up videos on youtube, and poof! For someone who can't draw and isn't very artistic, I find it fairly easy :)

    Melynda, with your eyes, I wouldn't even suggest you trying needle felting! Your poor fingers would never forgive you! lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. You really shouldn't suck at bows. You might get fringe from the ribbon in your mouth and it would be kind of like swallowing a hairball and it would get bigger and bigger until you need surgery. Don't do that to all of us who love you because we would fuss and worry while you're in hospital and we wouldn't be there to fix soup when you got home and to watch you to keep you from more sucking. Anyway, the gifts are adorable and it's OK if gifts arrive after Christmas. You're simply extending the holiday.

    Love,
    Lola

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh! I want a rudolph! Or a Barkley!!!!!
    You are such a great aunt!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lola, that's not much of an incentive to not suck the bows with the temptation of being looked after with soup! ;)

    Stephanie, thanks! We still have our Christmas video to make for them too so I'll be posting that hopefully later this week! Dinosaurs meet Santa! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love those little critters you made! Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, if you're going to continue to suck at bows, please send me what they remove from your stomach during the surgery. I'd like to send it to a certain someone. Such a unique gift.

    Love,
    Lola

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm in awe if your skills. The sum total of my skills anything at all with yarn, thread or fabric is sewing on a button.

    That I've mastered. Everything else is a lost cause.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loved the dinosaurs & mittens!

    Loved the video, but I felt sorry for the donkey.

    I never knew that the 3 wise men brought baby Jesus light sticks.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is such cool stuff you made!!! I just wanted to say that. I didn't have a lot of deep and Christmasy things to add here, but I loved the things you made and I thought you should know about it. :-) Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those are really cute. I like the heart on the penguin bum. E2 is currently watching some lame ass documentary on some French cave so I'll have to watch the video when he goes on a pee break. Just one more beer...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my gosh, that video, like all the crafty creative stuff you made, was so cute! I loved those dinosaurs; they actually looked pretty intricate. If I can't complete the project with a hot glue gun, I usually don't attempt it. Here's to you for putting some awesome effort in this year!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That Christmas Story video was well made Maggie. You say it was Australian but it was made by a church in Auckland, New Zealand. (Can't let the Aussies take praise for everything we do!) :-) _ Dave

    ReplyDelete

Does this straitjacket make my butt look big?