Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Poor Dad

My poor dad. He lived in a house with 3 women (my mom, my sis and myself) and most of that time was in a 1 bathroom house. He mastered taking a shower in under 5 minutes because we would take up all the hot water. All of his motorcycle magazines in the bathroom were under our stockpile of feminine products. We played girly pranks on him like dye his whitey tighties pink and then hang them on the line outside for him to see when he got home. 



Little did dad know that these sweet little girls would cause his hair to go white very quickly...but we look cute and innocent here! I'm the munchkin on the right who is the same size as the fish. It think dad used me as a fish measurer because we have several photos from when I was a kid, and in all of them the fish is always the same size as me. Anyway, on to a fun story from my very poor memory bank.

One day we were all in mom's car (dad driving) and dad got a bloody nose. Mom usually keeps a horde of napkins in her glove compartment but unfortunately she was out...except for one thing. Mom unwrapped an extra long maxi pad with wings and handed it to my poor dad. At first he refused and wanted mom to keep looking for napkins but after realization hit, he had to take the pad. Of course all three of us girls were laughing hysterically. He couldn't figure out what the wings were, and it was so long he had to fold it in half. After our laughter died down, he looked at it and said, "This thing is pretty absorbent!" We cracked up again and replied with a "well duh!" 

Dad made us swear to never tell anyone about his 'getting in touch with his feminine side' experience...my lips are sealed!

13 comments:

  1. It could always be worse: It could have been a tampon shoved up his nostril.

    ReplyDelete
  2. True...but he would have had a smooth and easy applicator which he may have found handy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What has two thumbs and his laughing so hard at work that everyone's staring at him? This Guy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck if you have to explain that you are laughing over an image of a man with a tampon shoved up his nose!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your lips may be sealed but your blog isn't, that poor man.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great story young one. I love dad stories. What king of fish was that? It's ginormous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tony, lips sealed but fingers flying! As long as I can type, nobody's safe...muahahahahaha!

    Boomer, thanks! The fish is a salmon but I'm not sure what kind of salmon. I went fishing with him plenty of times and I never caught any that big!

    ReplyDelete
  8. haha! I love dying his undies pink then hanging them on the line!!! You little scamps!...wait, can girls be scamps?...never mind...
    Funny!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey girl this is priceless. At least he used it.. My dad would have just used his shirt. He wouldn't have been caught dead holding a pad or tampon. lol I love it and have to give your dad props for surviving all those women with no males in the house to take some of the burden. Kudo's. I love dad stories too. What a hoot.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sandra, we most definitely were scamps, girls and all! It could be a great way to embarrass your boys when they start bringing girls over ;)

    Melynda, I think if my dad used his shirt then he would have had a squealing car of "GROSS! THAT'S NASTY! DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA HOW HARD IT IS TO GET BLOOD OUT" bombarding him...we were good at peer pressure. It's not as sentimental as your dad story but I'm quite fond of it. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi I represent DWD.com (dads with daughters) and must say the treatment of your poor father is absolutely atrocious, you should be ashamed of yourselves...on the other hand it was a pretty funny story.

    ReplyDelete
  12. If you need to confiscate some dyed pink underwear for evidence of my crimes against my poor father, I may be able to arrange something (no guarantees that they will be clean!). I think the poor guy loved all that we put him through...it's better than ignoring him!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have tears ROLLING down my cheeks from laughing so hard at this!!! I can totally see Chubs and all of you in the car doing this!!
    Carrie J.

    ReplyDelete

Does this straitjacket make my butt look big?