Thursday, July 14, 2011

Pride Comes before the Fall...literally

I have been restless and antsy lately, so yesterday I decided to try and experiment with what was in my wardrobe to create a different look. Sadly, I spent a good part of the day fiddling with a scarf to get it just right so it looked like a whispy, summery top. Branden even saw how frustrated I was getting and tried helping me a bit. Finally in the late afternoon, I got something that I liked and felt was suitable for public.

We decided to go for a walk through the park before dinner, which was a nice way for me to gain confidence for my new fashion creation. The gentle breeze played up the nice flowy look and my walk soon turned to a graceful strut as I felt more and more happy with my look. There were a lot of people in the park and I felt as though my look stood out and was unique and beautiful.

We made it all the way around the park and were on our way to the benches by the pond in the center when out of nowhere a step appeared. I was so busy keeping my head high and basking in my gracefulness that I didn't see it until I was on the ground next to it. Unfortunately swallowing my pride meant having to eat asphalt first, which I feel did damage my look a bit...and my poor knee. I tried brushing it off by pointing out some baby ducks in the pond but sadly my confidence had been worn thin (much like material of my jeans on my knee). Branden helped me home, washed the blood out of my jeans and put 2 Scooby Doo bandaids on my bruised, battered and bleeding knee.

As I look back on it today, I think I probably was a bit hard on myself. I don't think my falling was half as embarrassing as a guy we saw by the pond who was sunbathing and had major patches of splotchy back hair sticking out all over. Even Scooby Doo bandaids are more fashionable than that!

3 comments:

  1. Ouch. I hope your knee is okay. But, like you said, funny that we both posted falling stories today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry about your fall. Hope you are OK now PCP? Um, watch for steps... - Dave

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no! I always bite it tough right when I start strutting about something.

    One winter I was hanging out with a boy I was dating and I bragged about how I hadn't slipped on the ice yet like everyone else had because of my "super good" balance. I was SO confident that I was running and sliding around on it shouting, "I'M MICHELLE QUAN." Of course, mid-slide I fall, and I fall tough.

    Last time I ever did that again.

    ReplyDelete

Does this straitjacket make my butt look big?