Saturday, May 7, 2011

Oh the joys of womanhood!

Life has been a bit more stressful than usual which in turn makes me a bit more of a hypersensitive nag. I find that I get annoyed over the most ridiculous things and my poor wonderful husband is the 'lucky one' to be constantly in my war path. I'm beginning to think I know exactly how the idea of Medusa was conceived and wonder if bobby pins can hold my snakes in.

So considering my recent mood swings, I've decided to list my top 5 things that I stupidly get annoyed over:

1. Listening to my husband eat. Now I am all for family dinners and sitting around a table together but for the two of us, we normally have to eat with a TV on. This doesn't usually have anything to do with a concern for missing our favorite show, but because I can't stand to hear the moist noises of someone chewing. He does chew with his mouth closed but there is still a noise and what is even worse is when he bites his spoon while eating granola covered in yogurt with half a banana in it. This has a very specific noise and he can bite his spoon while eating anything else but this...it's just unbearable!

2. One of our roommates drags his feet when he walks. Living in a house with 5 other roommates is actually much easier than I had thought. Of all of the different personalities and quirks, this is the only annoyance so I should be grateful...but the noise of it! He lives one floor above us and when he comes down the stairs, it sounds like he is wearing those footy pajamas with the vinyl-ish stuff on the bottom and then slides his feet across the tiled floor. This results in very loud echoey "swish, swish, swish" noises for every step. I wonder if I put a small, unnoticeable 'bump in the road' then I may fix my problem....

3. My husband tries to talk to me while I'm watching Judge Judy. I realize that Judge Judy isn't exactly quality, educational TV, but when I am stressed I like to watch idiots get yelled at by a little woman in a black robe who could make a viking poo himself; it makes me feel a bit more sane. I don't watch daytime dramas so I feel it's a decent trade off. My husband, on the other hand, really can't get into it so he usually is checking his email, facebook, and any interesting news story online to drown out the trailer park drama that entertains me so much. Occasionally he will find a story he finds interesting or a video and decides he wants to share...right then...not at a commercial...and usually at the part when 'Kiki' is presenting evidence that her 'baby daddy' sent her an illegible text about how "gr8 his life is with Shanaynay cuz they b in luv." This results in me missing out on the tongue lashing that Judy bust out with and the verdict which for some reason, my husband doesn't see as a valuable piece of information I should have been enlightened with....

4. Cleaners come and clean the kitchen, living room, dining room and utility room once a week. How dare they! Our landlady has her cleaning crew come once a week to clean the shared living space in the house and it stresses me out more than makes me a lady of leisure. They really don't clean that well and I end up cleaning more detailed after they leave. Plus, if anything was left out, they seem to like having us play hide and seek since it will take 10 minutes to find which random cupboard they have put it in. They can even clean our room if we want but I nipped that one in the bud and made my own "Do not disturb sign" so I can clean my own toilet in peace.

5. My husband gets hungry at reasonable times of the day. This one is so ridiculous that I am having a hard time thinking about how to describe it. Basically, I get into a good book, good show, or am just starting a long email when all of a sudden my husband wants to eat. Since I have no concept of time and don't usually think about if I am hungry or not, I get annoyed that yes, it happens to be a normal meal time, but I have to interrupt my 'busy schedule' to go make it.  Now most all of our meals we make together or my husband makes himself, so it's not like I'm the major cooker in the house...apparently I just don't like having my spoiled lifestyle interrupted.

My husband does know about all of these things. We discuss any annoyances we have with each other just so we don't start holding frustrations against one another. Of course when I mentioned these annoyances with him, we both laughed hysterically over how stupid and petty they are and now if he bites his yogurt covered granola with half a banana spoon, I look over at him quickly and then we both laugh. Considering that basically 95% or more of our day is spent together, in close proximity, and these are my only 'issues', I think I'm a pretty lucky wife! Not many couples can stand to be with each other as much as we are so luckily we do get along so well...but I guess that's what you get when you marry your best friend.

2 comments:

  1. I TOTALLY agree with #1 annoyance! Makes my skin crawl just thinking about it. Although I will say that when one of my dear children chews, it's the cutest sound in the world!!! :)Katie K

    ReplyDelete

Does this straitjacket make my butt look big?